Headquartered in Malmö, Sweden, Boozt has had an incredible growth journey in recent years and is today the Nordic region’s largest online department store. Although it mainly concentrates on customers in the Nordic countries, the company delivers a total of approx. 400 000 products a month in fashion and lifestyle to 24 European countries. In other words, a huge task – which would be almost impossible without an automated order processing system that works 24/7, even in total darkness.
Warehouse automation from Element Logic since 2017
Boozt chose the AutoStore system from Element Logic as their warehouse automation system. As it is highly scalable, Boozt first installed the system in 2017, and have ever since been able to scale up the number of robots, bins, and ports, when needed. This flexibility has been crucial, especially during peak seasons, such as Black Friday and Christmas.
Big expansion for this year’s Black Friday
Ever since Boozt built its state-of-the-art AutoStore warehouse from Element Logic, the company has completed four system expansions to keep up with market demands. Before Black Friday 2022, it has expanded its unique AutoStore with an additional 252 robots, 294,000 bins and 56 ports.
Boozt thus continues to have the world’s largest AutoStore installation with a total of over 1 000 robots, 300 ports and a whopping 1.2 million bins!
– We are happy to take our commitment to automation and development to the next level in collaboration with Element Logic and AutoStore, says Sven Thiessen, Chief Supply Chain Officer at Boozt.
– Boozt and Element Logic have a close collaboration and have continuous discussions about new adaptations to the market, which means that Boozt can stay one step ahead of the growth curve. As always with expansions, an important priority has been to keep the daily operations of the AutoStore system uninterrupted, to secure close to full operation during the entire expansion process – and thus help Boozt keep their customer promises, says Marcus Rasmusson Aftermarket Director at Element Logic Sweden.
Facts and figures Boozt:
• 1 243 robots
• 1 245 000 bins
• 301 ports
• AutoStore Router software (launched in 2020)
Advantages of AutoStore:
• The robots work 24/7, meaning no downtime in the warehouse.
• Great improvement in workflow, customer satisfaction and delivery times.
• The system can be expanded, if necessary, without shutting down operations.
• Handling peak seasons without disruptions
• Boozt experiences an uptime of 99.7%.
Want to know more?
Do you want to know more about how AutoStore and Element Logic can help you grow?